Monday, December 03, 2012

New gadgets


Now that I've successfully mounted the winker's eyelid, I have to make the darn thing open and close. So I mounted a lever on the rod-and-tube pulley system I use for the raising eyebrows. I usually use a single brass tube, but because I had to add the lever, I used two brass tubes, one on each side of the lever. That way the eyebrows and winker will activate separately (I hope).

One end of the lever will attach to the control cord; the other will attach to a spring that holds the winker in the open position and returns it to the open position after it winks. I attached a small spring to a brass rod and installed it inside the head below the lever.

In theory, this should open and close the winker. If it does, you'll be the first to know. (If it doesn't, you'll probably know that, too).

No comments:

Post a Comment