Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Waste not want not

I usually use 1-inch-long screw eyes through which I thread my control cords.  But I ran out.  I couldn't bring myself to run down to the hardware store and buy a small packet of them. They're rather expensive when purchased in small quantities. 

I use a lot of 3/32" brass rods for various parts of my mechanics.  I always have a bunch of short extras and I've built up quite a collection.  So I took a couple of them today and bent them into the configuration you see on the left.  With a little Magic-Sculpt, I attached them to each side of the head's interior.  I think they'll make excellent guides for my cords, plus I'll use up a lot of brass that otherwise might be wasted.

1 comment:

  1. P. Grecian8:15 AM

    I love little detail stuff like this, Kenny. It's lots of fun watching your process!

    ReplyDelete