Tuesday, June 05, 2012

Blink sink


I bet you thought I'd given up on the blinkers idea. Well... it's crossed my mind a time or two to toss the whole kittenkaboodle in the trash. But I persevere thanks to tips from other builders.

The first tip comes from Al Stevens. He recommends Zap CA glue because it works with styrene. Mike Palma suggested ordering the Zap CA glue with kicker. I think it goes something like this... the glue is sticky on first application, but the bond isn't permanent until you apply the kicker. That's a good thing when you're trying to line up two things before you glue them together. Haven't tried it yet, but that's how I'll do it.

The next tip comes from Buzz James (famous Braylu entrepreneur). We were Skyping the other day when I told him I was concerned about the blinker gluing process. How can I hold the blinker shells and the wire together without gluing my fingers to the whole thing? He said to sink the blinker shells in clay. Then line up the wire to the blinker canals. I bet I can even do it so that the wire rests in the canals. Then apply the glue. Haven’t done it yet, but that’s how I’ll do it.

I may be on the brink of blink. (ya think?)

No comments:

Post a Comment