Monday, December 26, 2011

Slot receiver


Fig. A: The full-size

Fig. B: Cut down

Fig. C: Marks where irises are centered
Fig. D: Magic-Sculpted in place


As I've said before, Buzz James from Braylu Creations is always experimenting with designs to make figure building easier, quicker, more fun, etc.  This time he sent me a slotted synchro bar.  The size was more appropriate for a full-size figure, so I cut it down to fit a 2T head. 

The slotted synchro bar allows the posts or springs to be spaced so that the irises of the eyes are centered properly.  The slotted synchro bar would replace a solid synchro bar with holes drilled at the (hopefully) perfect spots.  Of course, if I drill the holes in the wrong spots, I have to expand the holes, file the holes, or toss the solid synchro bar in the trash and try again.  The slotted synchro bar allows you to center the irises (I have the head facing a mirror), mark the proper placement of the springs, and then Magic-Sculpt the springs (or posts) in place.  And it worked!

Next I'll drill some tiny holes so I can install small screw eyes for attaching the nylon cord.



1 comment:

  1. P. Grecian6:51 AM

    That is just wonderfully elegant!

    ReplyDelete