Thursday, October 28, 2010

In control



The photo on the left shows the brass rod emerging from the slot in the PVC pipe controller at a 90-degree angle.   Notice the Magic-Sculpt just inside the slot securing the brass tube. A jigger handle will be attached to the brass rod.

The photo on the right shows the top of the PVC pipe controller.  The brass tube and rod emerging from the pipe runs down the length of the PVC pipe.  Again, Magic-Sculpt secures the pipe at the top of the controller.  Eventually, the top part of the rod will attach to the eye mechanism inside the head to control the side-to-side eye movement.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Mr Kenny Croes! I'm a huge fan of Ventriloquism. I think it's so cool. I viewed some of your works and they fascinate me. Anyway, what are the kinds of brass rods do you use for your works? I'm thinking of creating my own dummy for my kid's birthday party next month. I already contacted my brass supplier for the materials. I hope I'll get it started tomorrow. Keep on blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use 1/8" brass tube. The tube is 12" long. I cut it to 7-3/4" long for the controller. The brass rod is 3/32". It's also 12" long and I leave it that length. Both brass tube and rod are manufactured by K&S Engineering.

    ReplyDelete