Sunday, October 24, 2010

The hole thing


I really like the PVC pipe controllers from Braylu Creations.  From photos left to right, here's a description of what I do to prep them for my figures.
  • Front: I cut a 3/4" slot.  A brass rod, bent at a 90-degree angle, will protrude from that slot. The rod will control the self-centering eyes.
  • Side: I drill a hole on the side, from which will emerge one of the cords controlling the jaw or eyebrows.
  • Side: I drill another hole on the side, from which will emerge one of the cords controlling the jaw or eyebrows.
  • Back: I drill a large hole near the top from which will emerge the cord that controls the crossing eyes.  The three smaller holes in the middle area accept the screws and washers that mount the triggers. The larger hole at the bottom is where I loop an elastic band that will attach to an eyehook at the bottom of the body to secure the head.
  • Top:  I run a brass tube and rod down the length of the PVC pipe to control the self-centering eyes.  The rod, as I menbtioned, will protrude at a 90-degree angle from the slot.  I use Magic-Sculpt to cement the brass tube and rod contrller to the top of the PVC pipe.  The small holes drilled in the top and side act as anchor holes for the Magic-Sculpt.   One of the tiny holes located farther out will accomodate a small brass eye hook to which a spring will be connected.  The other end of the spring will attach to the jaw.   (Note: I also apply Magic-Sculpt to the inside of the PVC pipe just above the slot to secure the lower portion of the brass tube and rod eye control). 

No comments:

Post a Comment