Sunday, August 01, 2010

Theatre black

While passing along a virtue, I will be forced to admit to a fault. Mightily as I try, my eye sockets are not perfect, nor are my jaw slots. So to deemphasize imperfections, I use an age old theatre trick by painting what I don't want seen... black.

I paint the back of the head (the trap door interior) black. The black backing makes the small eye-socket imperfections blend with the eyeliner. I also paint the eye tray black. This camoflauges small gaps when viewed from above.

The heads from Braylu Creations are bright white inside and out. To lessen the effect of light passing through the jaw gaps, I paint the inside of the neck black. It's the area that is just behind the jaw.

Sorry I'm not perfect, folks. But if you aren't either, then I hope this tip will suffice until we are.

1 comment:

  1. You really burst my bubble Kenny, I thought you were perfect. Oh, well I will just have to live with the disappointment. Actually painting the inside of the head black is a good idea, even if you are not perfect. I'll get over it!

    ReplyDelete