Sunday, August 01, 2010

Bigger eyes

Actually, bigger irises. As some may know, I follow one of the eye-building options outlined in Michael Brose's "Figure Making Can Be Fun". I print out irises on paper with my computer printer, carefully cut them out, then glue them onto white eyeballs (wood knobs painted white). After the glue dries completely, I add a thin coat of clear glossy varnish. When that dries, I add 2 more coats of glossy varnish to get a shiny, glassy effect.

But my newest feller Henry has larger irises than I've used in the past. The look is cuter, I think. I'll probably go with larger irises on my next "Elmore" figure, too. I may need to enlarge the eye sockets on Elmore, though, to accommodate the bigger irises.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that puppet looks scary! If I see one coming at me like that, I'm gonna run and be all like, "Man that dummy tried to eat me!"

    ReplyDelete