Friday, August 07, 2009

Anonymous experiments

This scary lookin' freak is actually a victim of my most recent experiment. (If you hear a spooky Vincent Price laugh in the distance, don't be alarmed). One of my blog readers named "Anonymous" occasionally gives me excellent advice and tips to try. The latest suggestion was to use Poly Foam Caulk Saver to make wrinkles and save weight. The material comes in a roll of 3/8" foam rod, which I measured out and cut in half. Then I hot glued the foam on the forehead (flat side down) to create wrinkles. I'll cover the foam with as thin a layer of Magic-Sculpt as possible. I've either discovered a wonderful new technique or really screwed up my project. The beauty of it is that it really doesn't matter!

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:19 AM

    Wow! Glad you took my advice and tried it!
    You COULD cover it with that papier mache stuff I mentioned with the acrylic gel medium instead of glue.

    If you don't like the effect, you can always cover THAT with thin Magic Sculpt.
    I only go by "Anonymous" so I don't have to remember another password!
    -Philip

    ReplyDelete
  2. philip...
    can i have your email address? i have questions! - kenny

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous7:48 PM

    Kenny...sent an email!
    -Philip

    ReplyDelete