Sunday, July 19, 2009

...and "Action!"

Today I'll prepare my newest "Mr. Winkle" for his Ebay auction. I'll choose his clothes and dress him. I need to do a minor repair on his curly fleece wig. Then he goes in for his photo sessions.

I use a Nikon digital camera on a tripod so I can shoot without a flash. That way his color is captured more richly. I also prefer to use a timer so the camera doesn't shake when the photo is snapped. Besides having photos of him for the auction, I also get detailed photos of him for archiving.

After the still photo shoot, I set up a Canon FS10 video camera on the tripod and shoot a couple minutes of me operating the little fella (me off camera). Though audio gets recorded, I don't use it because I like to leave the voice of the character to the imagination of the potential buyer. I edit video for a living, so I'm able to import the video into my computer and produce a final video presentation with a few graphics and simple effects.

I actually enjoy preparation of the visual presentations as much as building the figures.

No comments:

Post a Comment