Friday, December 26, 2008

Post time

This project has been frustrating at times. When working with my Charlie conversion figures, I'm used to the tolerances when building and installing the mechanics. But the Lovik figure has presented new challenges throughout the process. In the end I think he will turn out extremely well.

Among the differences; I used a large wood knob on the end of the side-to-side eye control. The springs I used behind the eyeballs are heavier and require more torque to move them. The larger wood knob makes it easy to apply the necessary pressure. The spring attached to the jaw is much shorter than the length I use for my conversion figures. It took three or four tries to get the right tension. (Lots of cussin' was involved).

I also used hot glue to fortify the spring attachment points. Hot glue was also applied to attach the back of the head. I always seem to burn my fingers when I mess with hot glue. I much prefer Elmer's. But in this case, hot glue was the better choice.

After the Magic-Sculpt dries around the post/neck connection, I will:
  • Paint the Magic-Sculpt neck connection with flesh-tone
  • Connect the cords to the levers and fortify the knots with Elmer's Glue
  • Cover the brass eyebrows with Magic-Sculpt and texture it to look like hair
  • Apply the "stage make-up" paint detailing
  • Re-attach and paint the ears (Now where did I put 'em?)
  • Choose, trim and apply a wig

I also need to dress the body in new clothes. Hmmm. I wonder what he's gonna wear.

No comments:

Post a Comment