Saturday, December 27, 2008

Reverse engineering

As I mentioned in the previous post, this refurbishing project has been frustrating, though quite instructional. The latest "lesson" will require me to rip out the eyes, salvage what I can, and reinstall a pair of eyes using lighter springs. The heavier springs I mentioned in the last post are just too heavy. It's difficult to move the eyes side-to-side comfortably.

I'll cut the eyebrow cords because the pulley system is mounted in the back of the head. I'll remove the back of the head, but I won't have to separate the head from the headstick. Nor will I have to alter the jaw control or the side-to-side eye control swivel system. Nonetheless, tearing out the eye tray will not be easy. Hopefully I can do it without damaging anything else (or me).

No comments:

Post a Comment