Sunday, March 23, 2008

Threading tip

It only took 50,000 years of evolution for my personal pool of genetic composition to think up this trick. I'm sure many of my experienced dummy-makin' readers thought this up generations ago. But for those of you that are as challenged as I am, here's the tip:

When trying to thread nylon string (the kind made of three strands that tend to unravel) through a small hole, apply a little Elmers Glue from the end of the string to about half an inch up. Let it dry. Now the string has a firm end similar to the little plastic doohicky at the end of a shoestring. The nylon string can be easily threaded through a small hole without unraveling.

Now that I have discovered this little trick, far fewer bad words will fly from my lips as I attempt to thread string on my dummies.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous9:35 PM

    You can also use a lighter and singe the end of it real quick and it hardens within seconds.

    ANDREW

    ReplyDelete