Saturday, March 01, 2008

Reality

Once again, reality is interloping on my figure-building efforts. (Job, community involvement, visitors, family, you name it). Not complaining, just explaining.

I completed the silicone rubber layers on the jaw pieces of my two original character heads. The silicone rubber hardened into a solid mold. Next step is to build a clay wall atop and around each rubber mold to begin the process of building the mothermold. I will use Smooth-On Plasti-Paste for that. You may remember that I didn't like plaster bandages as a mothermold because the dry plaster in the bandages tends to flake off. Plenty solid, but they make a mess.

I'm still spending some time building my conversion figures. Every figure is a little better than the last. But the most satisfying aspect is that I have projects that can be finished in a few weeks time. As I mentioned in an earlier blog, I really missed finishing figures during the initial processes of creating my own original character molds. Being able to complete figures, even conversion figures, helps to maintain my forward momentum toward the completion of my first two original character molds. And as I mentioned before, I learn and perfect stuff.

I like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment