Tuesday, June 17, 2014

New Cheeky

My original 2T cheeky mold has been retired. So rather than have another mold made for the original sculpture, I decided to sculpt a new 2T cheeky character. I'm far from finished, but the personality is beginning to emerge from the PaperClay.

The process is to sculpt, then sand. Then adjust and sculpt some more. Then sand some more.

In the past, I've opted to sculpt a separate jaw right from the start, and leave the jaw off of the head sculpture. This time I'm sculpting the entire head. Then I'll have the mold made, then a casting generated from the mold. I'll cut the jaw out of the first head casting, then use the jaw's cut-away chin to build a complete jaw. After that, I'll have a mold made for the completed jaw piece. And the casting from that separate jaw piece will be used to build the first figure.

No comments:

Post a Comment