Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Reasons for no breakthrough

1. Laziness
2. Can't figure it out
3. Fear
4. Haven't given myself permission yet
5. Past attempts ended in disaster
6. Stubbornness
7. Too much coffee
8. Not enough coffee
9. Too set in my ways
10. Procrastination

Today I successfully mounted my triggers in a PVC headstick rather than on a PVC headstick. Until now, I haven't managed to accomplish this for all of the reasons cited above. Why today's breakthrough? I think it was a confluence of several factors.


  1. I recently repaired a Jerry Layne figure that had a slotted trigger, thus actually seeing one done well.
  2. I remembered Buzz James (Braylu Creations) advising me to drill a series of small holes to make a slot. I took a chisel and lightly hammered around the edges where I drilled the holes. I pried out the innards and smoothed the edges with a Dremel.
  3. I realized the screw was the perfect length so that when I installed it, it would impale itself into the other side without punching through, thus making a very secure axle.
  4. Just the right amount of coffee. 

2 comments:

  1. That's great! Makes things a little more compact. I'm working on a figure now that has slotted triggers with the mechanisms direct linked from the center instead of the outside of the trigger. Everything is in reverse! Talk about throwing a kink in the plans. Keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very great breakthrough, Kenny....I might try that..talk to you at the convention next month!

    ReplyDelete