Thursday, October 11, 2012

Dark shadows

The jaw was installed today. It will dry overnight, get some nippin' and tuckin, and be readied for its cord. Tomorrow the eye control guides go in, the eyebrow cords will be installed, and I may drill a few holes in the control stick for triggers.

I tried a new approach to shadowing around the eyes. I think I made a breakthrough. I painted a thin gray line outside the black eyeliner. Then I wet my finger and rubbed it all around the eyes, far beyond where you see the shadows here. Then I painted flesh color around the eyes, covering the rubbed gray paint until it's where you see it now.

He may be ready to freak people out by next week. 

4 comments:

  1. P. Grecian9:00 AM

    Excellent! Just...just darn excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kenny, I've got a couple of your cheeky boy heads in the works for my ganddaughters. You mention above drilling holes in headstick for triggers. I'm using PVC for the headstick and my question is, how do you attach your triggers to that hollow headstick? Thanks, Lou Grabow

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what an improvement. A true artist and perfectionist. Glad to see you always pushing yourself. It shows in your work.

    ReplyDelete