Sunday, April 17, 2011

Space... where no dummy has gone before

My new workshop is nearly finished.  The garage door is actually still on the outside of the garage.  The contractor just built an interior wall over it leaving the openings to expose the windows in the garage door.  I'll be installing a curtain rod across the length of the windows to accommodate eight panels of red suede-like drapes.  I'll shoot video and photos of my figures against the red draped backdrop. (It'll be like a little TV studio!)

The carpet gets laid later in the week.  The electrical (more outlets, wall heater, ventilation fan) has been completed.  I'll probably add some shelving and a cabinet or two for additional storage since I won't have a closet. 

I will have my old desk, computer desk and a my workbench from the bedroom workshop.  I'll also add a 6-ft.-long table (a former audio console table) to the furniture.  Throw in my computer, an old TV, tools and drill press and I'm ready to go.

Meanwhile I'm occupying myself with unpacking and Netflix.

3 comments:

  1. Looks good Kenny, a great workshop. Question is, where do you keep your car?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous6:17 PM

    Must be like the first day of 4th grade again!! (You know--first desk all your own and empty to put what ever you want into it....) Do it like you want now, 'cus you'll never go back and fix it!

    Brian

    ReplyDelete
  3. P. Grecian7:12 AM

    That's great! You won't know WHAT to do with all that room! But Bob asked the question I was going to ask. What ARE you going to do with your car? :-D

    ReplyDelete