Saturday, December 11, 2010

Surgical precision

Considering the title of this post and the photo at right, I'm sure you're pleased I'm not a doctor... especially not your doctor. 

The "Elmore" head is being altered further to accept 1.5" eyes.  I have a spare pair of Mike Brose eyes that I plan to use for this feller.  The eye socket on the left was a perfect fit.  But the right eye socket needed more space to accommodate the larger eyeball.  I plan to install the eye tray and eyeballs, then close up the cut-up side of the head around the eyeball with Magic-Sculpt.

Like some mad scientist, I continue to experiment. (Cue the frightening cackle).

1 comment:

  1. P.Grecian9:08 AM

    Experimenting is good! It's what got you to this point in the first place!
    Just now I'm converting a living mouth to a slot-jaw. Been at the project, off and on, for over a year now. Slot-jaw works fine and has for awhile. I'm radically resculpting the face and adding screw-in fasteners to the top and back of the head (originally, it appears, it was stapled in place!)
    Experimenting...(Cue spooky music and Boris Karloff imitation)
    What fun!

    ReplyDelete