Thursday, June 18, 2009

There are days...

...when I feel like tossing in the towel. I've been working on two other figures besides Mr. Winkle. They are new faces, and thus new challenges. Plus I insist on trying new things all of the time and most of them don't work. So I end up going backwards, trying something else... and something else again... and maybe going back to the old way... until I can move on to the next step in good conscience. (Am I rambling?)

One of the most fun things I've done recently is write a few jokes for Jimmy Smith of "Smith and Jones". He didn't ask me to. I just horned in on his act. He thought my jokes were funny (at least he said so). So if you'd like some new jokes for your act, send me an email with the subject matter and I'll see what I can come up with (at no charge!).

All you have to lose is your reputation, good name, future gigs and livelihood.

1 comment:

  1. I was going to email you this, but when I saw your post I decided to tell you here...I did a show at a senior center yesterday. I added some of your jokes to the routine, and they got some REALLY good laughs from the audience! I think they made the boxing bit a lot more funny. Thanks again, Kenny. I appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete