Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Live long and prosper

If you're a Trekkie, you may recall that Velcro was actually introduced to planet Earth by the Vulcan T'pol's ancestor back in the 1950's. I have finally successfully used it to secure the back of a wig on a new figure I'm building. Prior to that, I just glued the wig down. I avoided using Velcro because I had difficulty sewing the stuff to the wig. However, since getting comfortable with hot glue, I've hot glued the Velcro strips to the wig with outstanding results. I even tested it by sealing the head and securing the wig, then pealing back the wig and re-entering the head. Worked great.

I wonder how many other nifty products have been introduced to humankind by aliens? (ShamWow from Vince?)

1 comment:

  1. Velcro comes from Vulcan. I just figured how why I enjoy your blog, you are as crazy as me. Spock is my Idol.

    ReplyDelete