Wednesday, January 23, 2008

No TV?

The YouTube site seems to be down tonight, so I can't do a video blog. So I'll blog the old fashioned way... with text. (My oh my, the world sure does change fast).

I'm nearing completion of my newest conversion figure. I've made a few improvements as I experiment with new techniques. Instead of pulleys, I've taken to using rods and spinning tubes. However, when mounting the rods and tubes horizontally, it was difficult keeping the Magic-Sculp (which is used to attach the rod to each side of the head) from affecting the free spinning of the tubes. Awhile back, I picked up some tiny rubber washers, This time, I put a washer on each end of the rod, then pressed the rubber washer into the Magic-Sculp which acted as a flat barrier protecting the tube from the Magic-Sculp. Worked like a charm.

My point is, as I build these little fellas, I pick up more and more little tricks that make the next time a little easier.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kenny...just wanted to let you know your video "blogs" are great. Keep up the good work.

    Steve Hurst
    Webmaster
    http://www.ventriloquistcentral.com

    ReplyDelete