Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Veddy, veddy interesting

Today I received the Charlie vent figure I bought on Ebay that was rebuilt into a pro-style dummy. I believe it was constructed by a regular Ebay seller, though I did not purchase it from the builder. I was anxious to see the product to compare Charlies.

I learned a few interesting tricks from examining the dummy. His eyes are not round eyeballs, but rather cylinders with painted-on irises. The spring connections on the jaw are in different places than mine. One end of the spring is attached to the lower jaw connection and the other to the interior base of the neck. Also, I saw how the wig was cut to fit. All helpful observations.

The body is larger than the Braylu models I've been using. However, I think the new ones I'll be ordering from Braylu will be larger. I'll measure this dummy and send the measurements to Braylu.

It's great to see someone else's work.

No comments:

Post a Comment