Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Nose Job


I've been hired to build a figure similar to the scary dummy in "Dead Silence". I'm using a Braylu Standard head. The "Dead Silence" figure has a much sharper nose. The bridge is higher and slides straight and down. I used Magic-Sculpt for the nose job.

I may use the new Free Foam Air sculpting compound to make the molded hair. But I'll definitely let the A&B mixture set for at least 30 minutes so it hardens to a more clay-like consistency. It dries to a much lighter weight than Magic-Sculpt. 

I also have to drill the eyebrow holes. Even though the "Dead Silence" dummy has painted eyebrows, my client wants them to move.

2 comments:

  1. P. Grecian7:37 AM

    Free Foam Air? Now I've got to do some research! I'm curious to know how you like it. I've still got quite a bit of Magic-Sculpt, and love it except for the weight. Free Foam Air could be my next purchase! Thanks, Kenny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:56 PM

    Kenny... I like the transition to the standard head. The ears worked out well too.

    ReplyDelete