Tuesday, August 28, 2012

How dry I am

I'm trying out a new painting technique. It's dry brushing using a stipple brush. The first step was to use a fine-line paint brush and paint in the wrinkle lines with raw umber. Then I used a stipple brush dipped in a darker flesh color and dabbed the brush onto a paper towel until the pattern was... well... stippled. Then I dabbed the brush over and around the wrinkle lines. Next I will stipple with regular flesh color around the darker stippling to fine-tune the look.  

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous3:44 PM

    That's the method I used on my Uncle Earl and my Brose "Fred" to give them a weathered and grizzled look, and it turned out great! I liked how I could go over spots again easily to even out the shadows and high lites. Very lifelike.

    Brian

    ReplyDelete