Sunday, December 26, 2010

String theory

Q: I was wondering if you sell or know where I can purchase the nylon string used for ventriloquist figures. I have a Maher Figure, he's nine years old and the eye-movement string is broken and others are worn. I can't find anything similar to the string in my area. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

A: I use Stringliner Pro Reloadable #18 Nylon Construction Line, 250’ (1/4lb. 155lb. test). I buy it at my neighborhood True Value hardware store. There may be one in your town, too. If not, it's available online at http://www.hardwareworld.com/250ft-Br-Yellow-Pro-Reel-pEC0SDZ.aspx.  I like it because it's strong and doesn't come unbraided when I'm handling it.

Hope that helps. Happy Holidays. - Kenny

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous7:52 PM

    A huge THANKS (once again!) for sharing your secrets! I spent several weeks checking figure sources online, hitting all local stores, etc to find a good line. The stuff I picked up unwound easily and didn't think there would be a higher quality stuff to use. I ended up with braided fishing line, but it's stiff. I appreciate your helpful tips!!

    ReplyDelete