Thursday, November 09, 2006

Here I go again

Over the weekend, I bought three more old Charlies on Ebay. My discussions with Buzz James at Braylu about production of a slightly larger body reinvigorated my vent-building momentum.

I also purchased a used pro-Charlie built by a fellow who also re-builds Charlies and sells them on Ebay. I'm excited about that because I'm curious about his methods. I hope to learn a new trick or two, especially about mechanics. This builder doesn't alter the Charlie faces very much. But he installs moving eyes and repaints the faces. He also does raising eyebrows, but I don't believe the one I bought has them.

Meanwhile, I'm in the head-painting phase of the two Charlies in production. As soon as that's done, installation of mechanics begins.

No comments:

Post a Comment