Saturday, August 05, 2006

A special day


Back in 1978, my singing partner was Carolyn Miller, a lovely and very talented singer and guitarist. We primarily worked a room in Newport Beach, California called The Cannery. It's still there. Today she's flying into North Bend, Oregon (where I live now) for a visit.

Her beau bought a motel in Port Orford, about an hour south of here. He visits on occasion to check on the property, do some repairs and maintenance and just hang out whle the weather is so perfect. Carolyn is coming to hang out with him, but the bonus is that I get to see her, too. But what's really cool about this visit is that we're going to play music together for the first time in nearly 25 years.

My wife and I will pick her up at the airport at noon, then drive down to Port Orford. We'll play music, walk on the beach, drink good wine and laugh about "the good old days".

Wow. Seems like it was only yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment